- 152 pages
- 9½ x 7⅛ ins
- ISBN 9781856699044
- Published February 2014
Ideally suited for designers, graphic designers, illustrators, art directors, and anyone working within the creative industries, or studying these disciplines, or simply interested in exploring his or her creativity.
Artists have always relied on their sketchbooks. This was true for artists working within a fine art tradition and is just as true today in the age of Macs, digital cameras, and computer-generated imagery. This new line addresses the needs of contemporary practitioners: illustrators, designers, art directors, fashion designers, filmmakers, and anyone within the visual arts. Helpful and user-friendly, these sketchbooks tread that fine line between giving users practical tools and information while not interfering with their creative freedom.
- These are my favorite sketchbooks; I don't want to use anything else! Review by Brian
1. The art reference in the back is super useful.
2. The books is durable and flexible; I can carry it anywhere, and it won't fall apart.
3. The red cover is eye-catching and a conversation starter.
4. Three placeholders help me keep track of multiple pages at once; super handy when juggling multiple projects!
5. The paper absorbs ink nicely... The Moleskin I had was constantly smudgy from the pens I like to use; this one keeps the ink locked in and doesn't let it bleed through to the other side.
6. There's a ruler on the inside front cover...
7. There's a f*cking pocket in the back! Great for carrying printed stuff to meetings.
Anyway, I wanna order 10 more of these! Too bad they're out of stock :-( (Posted on 11/5/13)
'If exposure to stationery cupboards reduces you to a salivating mess and the smell of fresh ink leaves you weak-kneed with excitement, then Laurence King's new Studio8-designed sketchbook is for you.'
Its Nice That