Working with Laurence King
All of our current opportunities are listed below, however we are a growing company and are always on the lookout for talented people to work with, both on a permanent and freelance basis.
If you would like to make an informal enquiry, please send your CV, PDF design portfolio if relevant, and a letter telling us about the kind of work you are looking for and your availability to: [email protected]
Location: Head Office, London, UK
Laurence King Publishing (LKP) is looking for a creative and dynamic publicist to join our publicity team, working across a world-class list of arts and lifestyle non-fiction books and gifts. This is an exciting opportunity for a Publicist / Publicity Executive / PR Account Executive with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience looking for a new challenge.
- Reporting to the publicity manager, you will have the opportunity to plan and manage your own publicity campaigns across a range of highly anticipated arts and lifestyle titles and bestselling gifts
- You will be the main point of contact for many of LKP’s authors, working with some of the biggest names in art, design, lifestyle and more
- You will coordinate and attend a range book launches, author tours and festivals events within the UK
- You will work side-by-side with LKP’s wider marketing team to plan and execute integrated communication strategies across LKP’s list
- You will be a creative, dynamic individual who is passionate about arts, culture and lifestyle publicity
- You will have demonstratable experience in securing national coverage across print, online and broadcast media
- You will have some experience pitching and managing talks, workshops and events
- You ideally have experience working with trade non-fiction or illustrated books
- You will be an excellent communicator, savvy problem solver and outgoing team player
- You will have a strong instinct for social media
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desired but not essential
To apply please send your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th March
Due to the high number of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.
**Please note: we cannot keep any applications on file.
We’d love to hear from you if you have a great idea for a book or gift. Details of how to submit your proposal can be found here