Do you have a brilliant idea? If so, please get in touch. Our commissioning team is always pleased to hear from authors, illustrators or agents with proposals for books or gift products for adults, students and children. Areas of particular interest for us are art and design, architecture, fashion and beauty, film, photography, practical art including painting and drawing, music and popular culture, nature and popular science.
We don’t publish fiction.
If you have a proposal for a book or gift product, please send it to email@example.com. If your idea looks interesting and we think it fits with our list and has potential, we’ll get in touch.
We review all proposals but receive a lot of unsolicited submissions, so unfortunately we cannot give feedback on every one. If we’re interested in your idea, we’ll contact you for further information. Submissions sent by post will not be returned.
If you are an illustrator and think your style would fit our list, we’d love to see your work. Please send samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to submit
Here are some brief guidelines for what to include in your proposal.
It’s helpful if you can begin with a one-sentence summary of your idea, then follow this with:
- a one-page overview of what will be contained in your book/gift product, including an outline of the proposed structure. (Will it be divided into chapters/sections? How much text/how many images will it contain? If it’s a gift, what elements is it made up of?)
- what you consider to be the outstanding features of the book/gift. What makes it unique?
- who is the market for the book/gift? Who do you see as your readership/purchaser?
- a summary of competing works: what other books/gifts are there already on the market that are similar to your idea? Please give details of publisher, publication date and price. What makes your idea different to/better than these?
- a brief biography/short paragraph about you. If there will be other contributors, please include a list of names.
- sample visuals if appropriate.
If you would like to propose a book for our student list, please see here for more detailed information.
Laurence King Children’s publishes a range of eclectic, eye-catching and beautifully-illustrated nonfiction and activity books, working with illustrators and authors from all over the world. If you have a proposal or idea you feel would be suitable for us, you can email it to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!