Welcome reader. Please, make yourself comfortable: pull your chair nearer the fire, put your feet up on the dog, settle your cheeks into the toilet seat. This is The Memeing of Life, an exhaustive, exhausting, guide to the world of internet memes.
Perhaps you have no idea what a meme is, so have bought this little book to expand your small mind. Possibly you’re the sort of friendless berk who is already an expert but has picked the book up in order to poke holes in it. Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, you’re in the right place: prepare to learn everything you need to know about the greatest thing the internet has to offer – memes!
• Intrigued by memes? Wondering what makes them tick, go viral and where they come from? Also in need of a laugh? This is the book for you!
• An entertaining journey through the history, highlights and world-wide domination of memes
• All the best of glorious memedom included, from Bad Luck Brian to Distracted Boyfriend via Harambe the Gorilla and Hide the Pain Harold.
Some topics covered:
- Basic memes
- Political memes and their agency
- Memes as an outlet for despair and anxiety
- Animal memes
- Sex and love in the world of memes
- Schadenfreude in internet humour
- Memes and the real world
- The dark underbelly of memes
- Wholesome memes
The Memeing of Life ships internationally with free shipping within the UK.